Zinkwazi Blythedale Conservancy Minutes of meeting Monday 11 February 2019 at 5:00pm
Attendance- Klaus Achtzehn, Pete Saville, Wendy Balcomb, Cliff Hatt, Sue Tanner
Apologies- Eberhard Fritsch and Henry Harris
- Minutes of previous meeting had been circulated and were approved unanimously. No matters arising.
2. Gill netting monitoring group has encouraging impact
- Meycol reserve update- process progressing with the govt gazetting currently occurring
- Ingwenya Nature Reserve , (owned by Sappi and Mandeni Municipality) requires management. Possibly Gareth Roberts to action, if he is responsible for for Meycol
- Vusi Maduna’s recycling initiative now well established but requires proactive awareness campaign on village facebook and via real estate agents. Ski boat club take-up has been excellent, in spite of rubbish and recyclables mixing.
- Production of ‘Welcoming Packs’ for new residents advising of protected species and restrictions in admiralty etc., providing lists of Indigenous trees suitable to this region and possible gift of an Aloe for each new resident. Wendy and Cliff to action such initiative.
- More Aluminium poles pick up from Ballito. Pete offered to organise.
- Operation clean up – Rakesh has won the contract from the speed bumps into/and within Zinkwazi, including the hangar.
- The conservancy activities should be far more visible to the community and also to include Blythedale. Our meetings should be more inclusive of interested community members, therefore meetings to be advertised beforehand and open to all. Various individuals to be invited, including the trail maintenance guys.
- Additional community events to be organised during the whole year. These can include tree planting, street walks with tree identification, braais and evening talks to continue- 1 every three months. Cliff was thanked for his popular holiday programmes.
- Coastal Ghoster’s arrival and to organise beach clean up
- Future meetings first Tuesday every third month.
Mtg 2- May 7th
Mtg 3- Aug 6th
Mtg 4- Nov 5th
Meeting closed at 6:00pm